Luke Field/Ford Island
The Army and the Navy both operated their aircraft from Ford Island in Pearl Harbor. The Army facilities were named Luke Field.
- Luke Field, December 14, 1928.
- Tent hangars at Luke Field, c1925. The Navy facilities are at right.
- Twin-motored bomber assigned to 23rd Bomb Section, 5th Composite Group at Luke Field, 1927. Ssgt Philip Monroy on right main landing gear attempts to repair broken strut. When he couldn't, the pilot, 1st Lt. George W. Polk Jr. landed in the water.
- Planes taking off from Luke Field, c1920s.
- This photo of Ford Island in the middle of Pearl Harbor shows the U.S. Army's Luke Field on the left and the growing Navy facilities on the right side, 1925.
- Ford Island showing the U.S. Army's Luke Field on left side and the growing Navy facilities on right side, March 25, 1925.