Ka Lae/Kau Airport
On October 15, 1926 Governor’s Executive Order No. 258 set aside 517 acres in Ka Lae, Kamoao, Kau, Hawaii for a military reservation to be used as a site for an aeroplane landing field for the U.S. Air Service to be under the control and management of the War Department.
Governor’s Executive Order No. 869 dated February 6, 1940 set aside 182.38 acres for the uses and purposes of the U.S. for an additional Kalae Military Reservation heretofore set aside by EO No. 258 since covered by the President EO No. 4635.
This airport later became Morse Field/South Cape Airport.