CMISB Home | What We Do | How to Apply | Neighbor Islands | Contact Us
How to Apply
Thank you for your inquiry regarding our services. The Department of Health, Developmental Disabilities Division provides and maintains services for individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities. These services include:
CASE MANAGEMENT * FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES PROGRAM * HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED MEDICAID WAIVER PROGRAM * PERSON-CENTERED ADULT SUPPORTS * LONG TERM ADULT SUPPORTS AND RESOURCES PROGRAM (LASR)
You should begin to gather the following information, if available, before scheduling an intake appointment with our intake workers:
1. Proof of U.S. citizenship, legal alien status or citizen of one of the nations in the Compact of Free Association.
The applicant is responsible for obtaining and providing all information needed to document the disability or provide the sources for obtaining the documentation.
2. Medicaid I.D. card or Quest, QExA health plan card, if eligible.
3. Proof of any other insurance (HMSA, Kaiser, Tri-Care, UHAA, etc.).
4. All past and current psychological evaluations.
5. All medical reports that documents a developmental or intellectual disability.
6. All past and current Department of Education conference reports/evaluations.
7. All other past and current reports or assessments that may document the earliest diagnosis of a
developmental or intellectual disability.
Call our intake office to schedule an appointment with an intake worker.
Keep your appointment. You will have an opportunity to discuss the services we offer with our intake worker.
Bring copies of the above documents to your appointment (NOTE: Copies will be for our records and will not be returned).
Sign an application form to begin the application process.
You may be asked for additional information to complete your application. The application process
will be considered completed on the date all required documentation is received by the Intake Office. The
Intake Office has thirty (30) working days from the date of the completed application to determine eligibility for services.
To schedule an intake appointment, please call:
- Oahu - (808) 733-1689
- Hilo - (808) 974-4280
- Kauai - (808) 241-3406
- Kona - (808) 332-1906
- Maui - (808) 243-4625
- Molokai - (808) 553-3200
- Waimea - (808) 887-6064