Program and Policy Development Unit | Go Back
The Program and Policy Development Unit is responsible to:
- Administer DCAB's statutory responsibility to coordinate the parking program for persons with disabilities, per Chapter 291, Part III Hawaii Revised Statutes, and Chapter 11-219, Hawaii Administrative Rules.
- Administer DCAB's statutory responsibility for communication access, including credentialing Sign Language interpreters, and maintaining a current list of interpreters and other communication access providers, per Chapter 11-218, Hawaii Administrative Rules.
- Offer technical assistance through training and other public education efforts in order to achieve voluntary compliance with civil rights laws affecting individuals with disabilities.
- Provide information about laws, rules, and standards that affect persons with disabilities..
- Develop and maintain the DCAB web site.