The SMP Hawaii provides information on how to detect, prevent, and
report Medicare fraud, abuse, and waste.
Call SMP Hawaii at 586-7281 on Oahu. On
the neighbor islands, call SMP Hawaii toll-free 1-800-296-9422.
Protecting your personal information is the best line of defense
in the fight against healthcare fraud and abuse.   However, even when you do
everything right, there is a chance that you could be a target of healthcare
fraud.   So if you suspect errors, fraud, or abuse, report it immediately!
Learn to Detect Potential Errors, Fraud, and Abuse
- Always review your Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) and Part D Explanation
of Benefits (EOB) for mistakes.
Access to your current Medicare account is
available 24 hours a day, simply visit   www.MyMedicare.gov
- Look for three things on your billing statement:
- Charges for something you didn't get;
- Billing for the same thing twice;
- Services that were not ordered by your doctor.
If you Suspect Errors, Fraud, or Abuse
- If you have questions about information on your Medicare Summary Notice or
Part D Explanation of Benefits,
call your doctor or health plan first.
- If you are not comfortable calling your doctor or health plan, or you
are not satisfied with the response you get, call SMP Hawaii.
Become a SMP Hawaii Volunteer
SMP Hawaii relies on volunteers to educate and empower older adults
to take an active role in the detection and prevention of health care fraud and abuse in Hawaii.
To become a SMP Hawaii volunteer, please call the Executive Office on Aging
at 586-0100 (Oahu) for more information.
Return to EOA Home Page