IRH Branch Home
| About IRH Branch |
Indoor Air Quality |
A/C Ventilation Unit |
Lead-Based Paint |
The A/C Ventilation Unit is guided by the following objectives and
To protect and enhance indoor health through proper design, installation
and maintenance of air conditioning and ventilating systems.
- Investigate public complaints of inadequate air conditioning, ventilation and
emissions from ventilations systems.
- Assess problems and develop and recommend appropriate mitigating measures towards
reducing and preventing indoor air pollutants.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive public outreach program, providing informational
and educational materials and training on indoor air pollutants, its health effects, health
risks and techniques in exposure reduction.
Adopt proposed Hawaii Administrative Rules, Chapter 11-48, Ventilation
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Utilize current national and international standards for the operation of air
conditioning and ventilating systems.
- Implement an optimized program for the inspection of new and renovated
ventilation system operation, and the monitoring of existing ventilation systems for proper
- Respond to complaints of deficient air conditioning and ventilation systems.
Indoor and Radiological Health Branch
591 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 586-4700
Fax: (808) 586-5838
Jeffrey Eckerd, Program Manager
Back to Top of Page
Last update: November 26, 2012
Website maintained by