The Medical Home Implementation Project worked to expand implementation of Medical Homes by:
- Providing technical assistance to establish local Medical Home networks across the state.
- Establishing policy leadership related to current issues involving children with special health care needs.
- Building key family-centered resources to promote understanding of the Medical Home.
Family-Centered resources produced were:
- Rainbow Book -- valuable short list of references and referrals for physicians and families in Hawaii.
- Medical Home Family Stories DVD Video and Companion DVD ROM materials.
- Bernadette's Story focuses on transition from hospital to home to school
- Kaiyah's Story focuses on parent as care coordinator, access to services in rural community
- Bryan's Story focuses on the process of early identification for behavioral and genetic issues
The Medical Home Implementation Project was supported in part by US Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Division of Children with Special Health Care Needs Project 5 H02 MC 00116-03-00 Title V Social Security Act, Health Resources and Services Administration, Dept. of Health and Human Services.