| STD/AIDS Prevention Branch Home Page
| Where To Get Tested
| Frequently Asked Questions |
| Viral Hepatitis
| Community Resources
| Disease Reporting Information |
| Data and Statistics
| Contact Us |
- Hawai‘i Surveillance Annual Report (2011)
- Hawai‘i Surveillance Annual Report (2010)
- Hawai‘i Surveillance Report for First Time with HIV (not AIDS) Data (2009)
- New Hawai‘i HIV Testing Law, Press Release 2009
- New Hawai‘i HIV Testing Law, Act 116(09)
- New Hawai‘i HIV Testing Law Information for Oahu
- New Hawai‘i HIV Testing Law Information for Neighbor Islands
- AIDS Diagnosis in Hawai‘i , (2000-2007)
- People known to be living with AIDS, End 2007, Hawai‘i, (Cases through December 2007)
- Hawai‘i AIDS incidence declining (Cases through December 2006)
- AIDS Mortality in Hawai‘i, 1983-2005 (Cases through December 2006)
- Hawai‘i AIDS Diagnosis, December 31, 2005 (Cases through June, 2006)
- AIDS among Hawaiian and Other Pacific islanders, 1984-2005 (Cases through December 2005)
- Hawaiian/Part-Hawaiian AIDS Cases in Hawai‘i (Cases through June, 2005)
- 2005 Epidemiologic Profile of HIV/AIDS in Hawai‘i
- Hawai‘i HIV/AIDS Epidemiology (Last updaed: January 2008)
- Two Decades of HIV/AIDS in Hawai‘i, Contrast with National Trends
- HIV/AIDS in Hawai‘i (Cases through December 2003)
- HIV Reporting for Health Care Providers
- Hawai‘i HIV/AIDS Surveillance Reports (Online reports available from 1998 to present.)
[back to top]
- Fluoroquinolone Resistance Among Neisseria gonorrhoeae Isolates in Hawai‘i, 1990-2000: Role of Foreign Importation and Increasing Endemic Spread.
Christopher J. Iverson, MD; Susan A. Wang, MD; Maria V. Lee, MS; Roy G Ohye, MS; David L. Trees, PhD; Joan S. Knapp, PhD; Paul V. Effler, MD; Norman O’Connor, MA; and William C Levine, MD, MSc. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 31(12):702-708., December 2004.
- The Epidemiology of Fluoroquinolone-Resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Hawai‘i, 2001.
Lori M. Newman, Susan A. Wang, Roy G Ohye, Norman O’Connor, Maria V. Lee, and Hillard S. Weinstock. CID. 38:649-654. March 2004.
- Multidrug-Resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae with Decresed-Susceptibility to Cefixime- Hawai‘i, 2001.
Susan A. Wang, Maria Veneranda C. Lee, Norman O’Connor, Christopher J. Iverson, Roy G Ohye, Peter M. Whiticar, Judith A. Hale, David L. Trees, Joan S. Knapp, Paul V. Effler, and Hillard S. Weinstock. CID 37:849-852. September 2003.
- Ciprofloxacin resistance in Neisseria gonorrhoeae: trends in Hawai‘i 1997-2002.
Alan R Katz, Maria Veneranda C Lee, Roy G Ohye, Peter M Whiticar, Paul V Effler. The Lancet, 362:495. August 9, 2003.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Fluoroquinolone-resistance in Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Hawai‘i, 1999, and decreased susceptibility to azithromycin in N gonorrhoeae, Missouri, 1999.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Increases in fluoroquinolone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae – Hawai‘i and California, 2001. MMWR, 51:1041-44. 2002.
- Investigation of a cluster of syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia cases among heterosexual Micronesioans living on Oahu.
AR Katz, AM Cadorna, MV Lee, A Komeya, M Kiaha and RG Ohye. J Community Health 11 June 2009 (online)
- Assessing Age-related risk for gonococcal and chlamydial infections among females in Hawai‘i 2001: A comparison of morbidity rates with screening test positivity.
AR Katz, PV Effler, RG Ohye, MV Lee. Ambulatory Pediatrics 4:188-19. 2004.
- Prevalence of Chlamydial and Gonorrheal infections among females in a Juvenile Detention Facility, Honolulu, Hawai‘i.
Alan R. Katz, MD, MPH; Maria Veneranda C. Lee, MS; Roy G. Ohye, MS; Paul V. Effler, MD, MPH; Elmer C. Johnson, MD; Steven M. Nishi, MD. Journal of Community Health, 29(4) 265-269. August 2004.
- Venereal Disease in Wartime Hawai‘i.
Samuel D. Allison, M.D., M.P.H. American Journal of Syphilis, Gonorrhea and Venereal Diseases, 31(5) 545-558. September, 1947.
Laboratory Test Results:
[back to top]
Last update: June 14, 2012