| STD/AIDS Prevention Branch Home Page
| Where To Get Tested
| Frequently Asked Questions |
| Viral Hepatitis
| Community Resources
| Disease Reporting Information |
| Data and Statistics
| Contact Us |
“Job Description” of A Community Planning Group Member
Purpose : Based on data, to make recommendations about HIV/AIDS prevention and care planning for the state of Hawai‘i.
In collaboration with the Department of Health:
- Identify unmet HIV/AIDS needs for prevention and care in the state.
- Assess existing community resources to determine the community’s capability to respond to the HIV epidemic.
- Develop and periodically update a comprehensive prevention and care plan for the state. Assist the Department of Health in the development of an annual HIV prevention plan and/or updates as required by CDC.
- Review available information and data to prioritize needs. This information includes epidemiological, evaluation, behavioral, cost-effectiveness, and needs assessment data. Work with the Department of Health on how best to obtain more data when needed.
- Prioritize prevention needs for each identified high-risk population and prioritize strategies and interventions for those populations.
- Assist to determine the training and technical assistance (“TA”) needs of CPG members to improve the effectiveness of the community planning process in Hawai`i.
- Evaluate the community planning process and the CPG.