- Provide FREE HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis screening.
- Provide chlamydia and gonorrhea screening for women at-risk of infertility and pelvic inflammatory disease through the Hawaii Gonorrhea and Chlamydia Screening Program.
- Provide medications for patients who are infected with chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis and who are medically indigent or who are patients of family planning providers participating through the Hawaii Gonorrhea and Chlamydia Screening Program.
- Assist health care provider in locating their patients for treatment.
- Provide treatment for sex-partners of patients infected with chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis.
- Provide individual, culturally appropriate, and client-centered counseling and support including risk-reduction plans for patients diagnosed with HIV/STD and their sex or needle-sharing partners.
- Perform notification of patients diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis.
- Provide voluntary, confidential notification and referral to medical services of sex and needle-sharing partners of patients infected with HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis.
- Provide psycho-social assessment and counseling to HIV/STD patients and at-risk population.
- Provide resource planning and referrals to patients diagnosed with HIV/STD.
- Provide consultation services relating to HIV/STD for the medical community and the public.
- Provide clinical training on STD medical management for medical students and residents.
- Coordinate training in partner management and clinical updates for healthcare providers.
- Coordinate HIV/STD intervention activities with community health agencies and health care providers.
- Monitor antibiotic-resistant N. gonorrhoeae isolates in Hawaii to detect emerging drug-resistant strains and to initiate recommendation of new and appropriate therapy.
- Monitor trends in chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis infections to enable the implementation of prevention and control measures before an outbreak occurs or to identify and implement intervention needs of populations at-risk.
For HIV/STD Testing sites, click here.
For contact information about the other services, click here.