There are nine windows and six buttons.
- Use "Select Indicator And Year" button to choose the desired indicator and year in the drop down menu of each subject.
Relevant information is displayed in several windows.
- The "Indicator Info” window shows a brief description or definition of the selected indicator.
- The "Community Prevalence" window shows the prevalence in percentage with 95% confident interval for the communities listed.
The same statistical information depicted as bar chart is shown in the “Prevalence Ranking” window.
- The "Pie chart” window and the corresponding “Legend" window classifies the community prevalence percentages into certain value ranges
or slice using grouping criteria or classifier. The default classifier is quantile. Press the "Help" button for quantile explanation.
Press a slice of the pie and it will highlight the communities included in that slice in the following windows – community prevalence,
prevalence ranking, prevalence trend and community map.
Press the “pencil” icon in the “Legend” window to change the default classifier, the color of the map, bar chart and pie chart and
the number of classes in the pie chart.
- After selecting an indicator, point to any community in the “Community Prevalence” window and the “Prevalence Trend” window shows a
line trend for the community, bar in the “Prevalence Ranking” window and map area of the community change colour.
Click on the community name and the trend line and the colour steadies. Point again to another community and another line trend can be seen in the
“Prevalence Trend” window and the bar in the “Prevalence Ranking” window and map area of the community change colour. Press control key and
click and the current visual display colour steadies.
- The "County Prevalence" window shows the prevalence in percentage with 95% confident interval for the counties and the state. Point on any county
name or the State and a horizontal line is drawn in the “Prevalence Ranking” window and trend line is drawn in the “Prevalence Trend” window. Click any
county name or the State, the horizontal line steadies. Select more than one or all of the items listed by pressing control key and click.
The current visual display steadies in the “Prevalence Ranking” and “Prevalence Trend” windows.
- The "Time Animation" window display prevalence for a given year from 2005 to 2010. Press the play button to automatically move from year to year.
For better control or longer pauses, press the greater than button or the less than button.
- The "Community Map" window displays the map of the State of Hawaii by community. Press the "Communities" button to see the definition of communities.
- The "Select County" button filters the display for a specific county. Click one of county in the drop down menu, the screen display change to the
specific county. The “Remove Filter” in the menu changes the display to reflect all the communities, except the map window display is not changed.
Press the “Refresh Map” button to show the entire state map.
- Press the "Export" button to export the whole dashboard screen or any specific window.
- Press the "Help" button for Instant Atlas help document to appear.
- Right click mouse button and available Instant Atlas default actions can be selected.
Now, explore and enjoy