Drug and alcohol problems can affect every one of us
regardless of age, sex, race, marital status, place of residence,
income level, or lifestyle.
You may have a problem with drugs or alcohol,
- You can't predict whether or not you will use drugs or get
- You believe that in order to have fun you need to drink and/or use
- You turn to alcohol and/or drugs after a confrontation or argument,
or to relieve uncomfortable feelings.
- You drink more or use more drugs to get the same effect that you
got with smaller amounts.
- You drink and/or use drugs alone.
- You remember how last night began, but not how it ended, so you're
worried you may have a problem.
- You have trouble at work or in school because of drinking or drug
- You make promises to yourself or others that you'll stop getting
drunk or using drugs.
If you have experienced any of the above problems,
take heart, help is available. More than a million Americans like you
have taken charge of their lives and are living healthy and
Source: JUST THE FACTS from SAMHSA, Center for Substance Abuse
Hawaii Department of Health
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division
601 Kamokila Blvd. Room 360
Kapolei, Hawai'i, 96707