Hawaii Healthcare Transformation Initiative
As a central component of the New Day in Hawaii agenda, Governor Neil Abercrombie has identified healthcare transformation as a top priority of his administration. The Office of Healthcare Transformation, headed by Beth Giesting, is embarking on the Hawaii Healthcare Transformation Initiative.
HHTI is a public-private partnership that aims to engage stakeholders in identifying strategies that will result in a significant, positive change in how we deliver and pay for care, use information for continuous improvement, and shape public policy and programs to support these changes.
Our Vision. Hawaiʻi’s healthcare system supports the optimum health of all state residents by providing a seamless, integrated and comprehensive healthcare system that consistently demonstrates high quality and a commitment to cost-effectiveness, and by enhancing the patient experience and engaging them in their own healthcare decisions.
Our Guiding Principles. We measure our priorities for healthcare transformation against the “triple aim”:
- Will they increase quality?
- Will they result in improved health?
- Will they increase the economic value and affordability of care?
- Do they address the needs of the whole state, including access to care in rural and isolated areas with limited healthcare resources?
- Do they support Hawaiʻi’s unique cultures and geography?
**Please visit our new project website at www.hawaiihealthcareproject.org**