Notice to Providers of Professional Services for Capital Improvement Projects 2012-2013
STATE OF HAWAII
DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AND GENERAL SERVICES
PUBLIC WORKS DIVISION
NOTICE TO PROVIDERS OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS
The State of Hawaii, Department of Accounting and General Services (DAGS), Public Works Division (PWD) anticipates the need for professional services for capital improvement program and other projects during fiscal year July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013. DAGS is seeking qualified firms to provide professional services in the following disciplines/categories:
2. CIVIL ENGINEERING
3. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
4. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
5. STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
6. LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
8. COMMUNITY PLANNING (i.e. PLANNING)
9. ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING/SERVICES
10. OTHER ARCHITECTURE/GENERAL ENGINEERING
A. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
B. CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
C. COMMISSIONING SERVICES
D. RETRO-COMMISSIONING SERVICES
E. CONSTRUCTION CLAIMS CONSULTANT
F. ENERGY PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING CONSULTANT
G. DAM SAFETY ENGINEER
H. GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING
All qualifications for professional services must be submitted online by filling in the Questionnaire For Architects, Engineers And Other Professional Services (i.e. DPW Form 120) on the following web site:
Applicants that applied from a previous DAGS, PWD professional services solicitation and have received a DAGS qualification letter that qualified the firm until September 30, 2012 shall also apply online to renew the firm’s application. The applications must be completed by June 30, 2012, otherwise, the application will be considered a late submittal and will be subject to the conditions of the Late Submittals clause defined in the paragraph below.
Applicants that applied online last year can use the same Login ID and Password. Applicants that did not apply online last year must submit on company letterhead the following information in order to receive a Login ID and Password to login to the web site:
1. Statement that your firm is interested in submitting your professional services qualifications online.
2. Contact Person’s name
3. Contact Person’s email address
4. Contact Person’s phone number
Letter should be mailed to the following address:
DAGS-Public Works, Technical Services Office
1151 Punchbowl Street, Room 428
Honolulu, Hi 96813
Your Login ID and Password will be emailed to you after we review your letter. For further information, please send you questions to DAGS Technical Services Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (808) 586-0745.
The following information shall be provided with your online application:
1. 1) the discipline(s); and 2) the title and corresponding number of each project for which the firm is interested and qualified to provide professional services (see discipline list above and project list below).
2. Statement of qualifications (SOQ) for each discipline highlighting the firm’s qualifications, expertise and experience. One SOQ per discipline. SOQ must list licensed or certified personnel in the discipline.
3. Proof of Insurance for:
a. General liability insurance for limit of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate. The STATE shall be named as additional insured.
b. Automobile liability insurance for limit of not less than $1,000,000 per accident. The STATE shall be named as additional insured.
c. Professional liability insurance for limit of not less than $1,000,000 per claim and $2,000,000 annual aggregate.
If a firm is not able to provide the above insurance certificates at this time, a letter from an insurance company stating, if the firm is selected, they will insure the firm for the insurance policies and the amount of minimum coverage required above, will be accepted as proof of insurance.
4. The names and phone numbers of up to five clients who may be contacted including at least two for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
5. Statement indicating any conflicts of interest in performing services for DAGS and/or the State of Hawaii. List membership on State boards, commissions, etc. For additional information, please refer to the State Ethics Code, Chapter 84, Hawaii Revised Statutes, or go to the Hawaii State Ethics Commission Web site at.
6. Statement indicating any objections to retaining specialty subconsultants (i.e., environmental, geotechnical, etc.) under prime contract. Objections may affect a firm’s consideration for certain projects. Note that it is typically DAGS intent to hire all subconsultants under the prime consultant’s contract.
7. Firms interested in the disciplines/categories of Architecture, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or Surveying must have the applicable Hawaii State licensed architect or engineer on staff that will perform, conduct or supervise the work.
8. Firms interested in the discipline/category of Planning must have the necessary education, training and experience.
9. Firms interested in the discipline/category of Environmental Engineer/Services which include asbestos-containing materials (ACM), lead-containing paint (LCP), underground storage tanks (UST) and other hazardous materials projects must submit copies of all required certifications. Federal EPA and State Department of Health accreditation and training are required for projects involving the removal of ACM, LCP, UST, and other hazardous materials.
10. Firms interested in the disciplines/categories of Project Management or Construction Management must provide the name, experience and qualifications (training courses, certifications, etc.) of the proposed project/construction manager. Project Management and Construction Management firms must have a Hawaii State licensed architect and/or engineer on staff that will perform, conduct or supervise the work.
11. Firms interested in telecommunications infrastructure projects must provide the name, experience and qualifications (training courses, certifications, etc.) of the proposed staff.
12. In accordance with HRS 196-9, Energy Efficiency and Environmental Standards for State Facilities, Motor Vehicles, and Transportation Fuel: To the extent possible, DAGS intends to design and construct buildings meeting the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) silver or two green globes rating system or another comparable state-approved, nationally recognized, and consensus-based guideline, standard, or system, except when the guideline, standard, or system interferes or conflicts with the use of the building or facility as an emergency shelter. Firms interested in this type of work must provide the name(s) of the proposed staff with relevant experience and qualifications (such as LEED accreditation).
13. DAGS intends to implement commissioning for various projects ranging from systems commissioning to whole facility commissioning and retro-commissioning of existing buildings. Firms interested in the discipline/category of Commissioning or Retro-Commissioning must provide name(s) of the proposed staff with relevant experience and qualifications. Commissioning and Retro-Commissioning firms must have a professional licensed architect and/or engineer on staff that will perform, conduct or supervise the work. Firms interested must provide evidence and indicate the State in which the proposed staff holds a professional license.
For retro-commissioning projects that require design services, the firm must have the applicable Hawaii State licensed architecture and/or engineering staff to perform, conduct or supervise the work.
14. Architect and/or engineering firms qualified in Construction Contract Claims and Litigation shall have one or more of the following areas of experience and expertise:
· Claim Preparation, Analysis, and Response
· CPM Schedule Analysis to Quantify Delay, Time Extension, and Extended Home Office Entitlement
· Quantification of Damages including Delay and Loss of Productivity
· Expert Reports and Testimony in Mediation, Arbitration, and Litigation
· Graphics and Multimedia Presentation
· Defective Plans and Specifications Analysis
· Change Order/Claims Evaluations, Preparation, and Negotiations
· Discovery and Deposition Assistance
15. DAGS is seeking qualified Energy Performance Engineering Consultant firms to provide professional services with Technical Support and Assistance for Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) projects, Statewide.
Qualified Energy Performance Engineering Consultant firms need to be able to provide DAGS (for its managed facilities or other State agencies that DAGS services) with technical support and assistance during the planning, development, implementation or administration of State agency projects involving new improvements, modifications or renovations, repairs or maintenance work done through the Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) process.
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience:
· Resume (including qualifications of each staff) to be used on an ESPC project, with the professional background; membership or affiliation with any type of energy savings performance contracting association; years of hands-on experience advising government agencies in implementing energy savings performance contracting.
· Relevant experience of the energy performance engineering consultant firm, such as description of types of technical support or assistance provided for other government agencies in energy savings performance contracting.
· Previous experience of the designated Project Manager that has acted as principal for at least three (3) projects of over 10,000 square feet in the past three (3) years.
· A representative sample of documents relating to technical support and/or assistance provided for other government agencies in energy savings performance contracting that was prepared by the energy performance specialty consultant firm.
16. DAGS is seeking qualified Dam Safety Engineering firms to provide professional services for inspection, analysis, computation, design and management of construction projects for dams and reservoirs, statewide. Work may include phase 1 visual dam safety inspections, hydrology analysis, hydraulic calculations, stability analysis, soils borings/lab analysis, seepage analysis, topographic surveys, bathymetric surveys, hydraulic modeling, permitting, environmental assessments/impact statements, development of construction documents, oversight of construction work and preparation of operation and maintenance manuals for the dam facility. Qualified firms must have a licensed Hawaii State professional engineer on staff that will perform, conduct or supervise the work.
17. Any relevant information on the firm’s experience, expertise and past performance including but not limited to quality of work, cost control and ability to meet schedules may be submitted.
19. CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU ESP PROCESS: Consultants interested in being considered for Oahu projects in which DAGS desires to use the ESP process must submit their statement(s) to the above address.
Interested consultants must provide a statement that they and their subconsultants are willing to do the work under the ESP process for the island of Oahu; otherwise, this may affect a firm’s consideration for projects in which DAGS desires to use the ESP process.
The ESP process is a cooperative effort between the City and County of Honolulu (C&C) and the State of Hawaii to accelerate the review and permitting process and to overcome any barriers that might impede the progress of State construction projects under the Federal and State Economic Stimulus Initiatives.
To understand the C&C process and requirements, we direct you to the website: http://www.honoluludpp.org/PermitInfo/. Once in the website, go to Express State Permits (ESP) for more information.
Certification: Licensed Professional Architect/Engineer’s seal(s) or stamp(s), signature(s), authentication statements, and certifications are required by the architect and/or engineer. We especially note in the ESP Checklist A – Repair and Maintenance, Section A.4.3 AS-BUILD PLANS requirements of the licensed architect/engineer at the bottom of checklist page 1 of 2 and top of page 2 of 2. The selected consultant and its sub-consultants will be required to provide the necessary certifications.
Incomplete Submittals: Submittals received by the due date but with missing or deficient items will be considered incomplete. Applicants will be notified of the deficiencies and will have five (5) working days from the notification date to submit all the required items or their submittal will be considered late.
Late Submittals: Submittals received after the above due date will be considered late. Qualified applicants will be considered for projects for the balance of the fiscal year after a qualification period of up to ninety (90) calendar days.
Selection of professionals will be made in accordance with Section 103D-304, Hawaii Revised Statutes and Section 3-122-Subchapter 7, Hawaii Administrative Rules, as amended. The selection criteria employed in descending order of importance shall be:
1. Experience and professional qualifications relevant to the project type. Note that qualifications may include accreditation, such as LEED, for applicable projects.
2. Past performance on projects of similar scope for public agencies or private industry.
3. Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time.
4. Any other criteria as determined by the selection committee to be relevant or necessary.
The selection committee will give first consideration to those professionals who expressed interest in the specific project or project type. However, the selection committee may consider all professionals who responded to this notice when in the best interest of the State.
Not all the listed projects will necessarily be implemented this year. Also, DAGS may implement projects other than those specifically listed without additional notices. Certain listed projects may be advertised again in order to obtain additional information or if the response to this notice is inadequate. Other projects may also be advertised at a later date on the State and County Procurement Notices Web site at http://spo3.hawaii.gov/notices/notices/ and DAGS, Public Works web site http://hawaii.gov/pwd/profsvcs/.
Campaign contributions by State and County Contractors: Contractors are hereby notified of the applicability of Section 11-205.5, HRS, which states that campaign contributions are prohibited from specified State or County government contractors during the term of the contract if the contractors are paid with funds appropriated by a legislative body. For more information, contact the Campaign Spending Commission at (808) 586-0285 or go to their Web site at http://www.hawaii.gov/campaign.
The following is a list of projects and project categories that may require professional services during fiscal year 2013. The approximate consultant fee ranges are shown in (RANGE A,B,C) and are given according to the following schedule: Range A - Less than $150,000; Range B - $150,000 to $500,000; Range C - Over $500,000.
1. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE (DOA), MISC HEALTH, SAFETY, CODE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS, STATEWIDE. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR IMPROVEMENTS TO ADDRESS HEALTH, SAFETY, CODE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS (RANGE A,B).
2. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH (DOH), KALAUPAPA SETTLEMENT IMPROVEMENTS, MOLOKAI. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION TO CLOSE MUNICIPLE SOLID WASTE LANDFILL, REROOF BLDGS AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS (RANGE A).
3. DOH, HAWAII STATE HOSPITAL, REPAIRS AND IMPROVEMENTS, OAHU. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR VARIOUS REPAIRS AND IMPROVEMENTS (RANGE A,B).
4. DOH, HEALTH AND SAFETY, STATEWIDE. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR IMPROVEMENTS TO HEALTH FACILITIES, STATEWIDE. PROJECTS ARE NECESSARY TO MAINTAIN HEALTH AND SAFETY FOR CLIENTS AND STAFF (RANGE A,B).
5. DOH, ENERGY EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENTS, STATEWIDE. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR IMPROVEMENTS TO HEALTH FACILITIES STATEWIDE TO PROVIDE FOR ENERGY SAVINGS (RANGE A,B).
6. DOH, REPAIRS AND IMPROVEMENTS, STATEWIDE. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR REPAIRS AND IMPROVEMENTS TO HEALTH FACILITIES, STATEWIDE(RANGE A,B).
7. DOH, RENOVATE HALAWA VECTOR CONTROL AND WAIMANO RIDGE BLDGS, OAHU. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION TO RENOVATE VACANT HEALTH BLDGS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PROGRAMS BEING DISPLACED FROM ALA MOANA HEALTH CENTER AND AAFES BLDGS (RANGE B).
8. HAWAII STATE PUBLIC LIBRARY SYSTEM (HSPLS), HEALTH AND SAFETY, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR HEALTH, SAFETY, ACCESSIBILITY, AND OTHER CODE REQUIREMENTS. PROJECTS MAY INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE REMOVAL OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, RENOVATION FOR LIBRARY PATRONS AND EMPLOYEES, ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLS, FIRE PROTECTION, IMPROVEMENTS TO BLDGS AND GROUNDS, AND OTHERS, GROUND AND SITE IMPROVEMENTS (RANGE A,B).
9. HSPLS, KANEOHE LIBRARY, OAHU. PLANS, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF NEW, ADA COMLIANT CIRCULATION DESK, GROUNDS AND SITE IMPROVEMENTS (RANGE A)
10. HSPLS, WAIKOLOA PUBLIC LIBRARY, HAWAII. PLANS AND DESIGN FOR A WAIKOLOA PUBLIC LIBRARY, GROUND AND SITE IMPROVEMENTS (RANGE B).
11. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION SERVICES DIVISION (ICSD), LUMP SUM HEALTH AND SAFETY, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN, AND CONSTRUCTION FOR REPAIRS, UPGRADES AND EXPANSION OF CRITICAL COMMUNICATIONS BACKBONE SYSTEMS, INCLUDING THE STATEWIDE ANUENUE AND HAWAIIAN MICROWAVE SYSTEMS AND THE WINDWARD, NORTH SHORE, AND CENTRAL OAHU RADIO SITES. EFFORTS INCLUDE WORK THAT ALSO SUPPORTS FUTURE BROADBAND AIR INTERFACE DEVELOPEMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION (RANGE A,B).
12. ICSD KALANIMOKU BUILDING DATA CENTER OPTIMIZATION AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY, OAHU. PLANS AND DESIGN FOR REPAIRS, UPGRADES AND EXPANSION OF CRITICAL DATA CENTER SYSTEMS AND SUPPORT INFRASTRUCTURE WITHIN THE KALANIMOKU BUILDING, OAHU. WORK WILL OPTIMIZE NECESSARY STATEWIDE FUNCTIONALITY AND INCREASE ENERGY EFFICIENCY WITHIN THE FACILITY (RANGE A).
13. PUBLIC WORKS DIVISION (PWD), LUMP SUM MAINTENANCE OF EXISTING FACILITIES, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN, AND CONSTRUCTION FOR IMPROVEMENTS AND MAINTENANCE OF PUBLIC FACILITIES AND SITES, STATEWIDE. PROJECT MAY INCLUDE ROOFING, OTHER REPAIRS, AND IMPROVEMENTS (RANGE A,B).
14. PWD, ENERGY CONSERVATION AND SUSTAINABLE DESIGN IMPROVEMENTS, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN, AND CONSTRUCTION FOR DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPREHENSIVE ENERGY CONSERVATION PLAN TO MAXIMIZE ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN PUBLIC FACILITIES AND OPERATIONS. EFFORTS WILL INCLUDE CONSIDERATION FOR SUSTAINABLE DESIGN TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE (RANGE A).
15. PWD, LUM SUM ADVANCE PLANNING, STATEWIDE. PLANS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF STATEWIDE SPACE NEEDS AND BLDG ASSET MANAGEMENT PROGRAM TO MORE EFFECTIVE PLAN FOR STATE OCCUPIED FACILITIES. TARGET AREAS INCLUDE WORKFORCE SPACE NEEDS PLANNING, CIVIC CENTER MASTER PLAN DEVELOPMENT, AND STATE OFFICE BLDGS ASSET MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT (RANGE A,B,C).
16. JUDICIARY, KAAHUMANU HALE ROOF AND LANAI UPGRADES AND IMPROVEMENTS, OAHU. PLANS, DESIGN, AND CONSTRUCTION FOR ROOF AND LANAI UPGRADES AND IMPROVEMENTS AT KAAHUMANU HALE, OAHU (RANGE A,B).
17. JUDICIARY, KONA JUDICIARY COMPLEX, HAWAII. DESIGN FOR A NEW JUDICIARY COMPLEX AT KONA, HAWAII (RANGE C).
18. JUDICIARY, KAUIKEAOULI HALE DOMESTIC WATER BOOSTER AND FIRE PUMP REPLACEMENT, OAHU. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE DOMESTIC WATER BOOSTER AND FIRE PUMP AT KAUIKEAOULI HALE, OAHU (RANGE A).
19. JUDICIARY, KAUIKEAOULI AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM CONTROLS EQUIPMENT UPGRADE, OAHU. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR THE UPGRADES TO THE AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM CONTROLS EQUIPMENT AT KAUIKEAOULI HALE, OAHU (RANGE A).
20. JUDICIARY, KAPUAIWA BLDG WINDOW REPLACEMENT AND UPGRADE, OAHU. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR REPLACEMENT AND UPGRADE OF WINDOWS AT KAPUAIWA BLDG, OAHU (RANGE B).
21. JUDICIARY, KAUIKEAOULI HALE CELLBLOCK UPGRADE AND IMPROVEMENTS, OAHU. PLANS AND DESIGN FOR SECURITY-RELATED UPGRADE AND IMPROVEMENTS TO THE MAIN CELLBLOCK AND CUSTODY HOLDING AREAS AT KAUIKEOULI HALE, OAHU (RANGE A,B).
22. JUDICIARY, KAAHUMANU HALE, FIRE ALARM SYSTEM UPGRADE AND IMPROVEMENTS, OAHU. PLANS AND DESIGN FOR FIRE ALARM SYSTEM UPGRADE AND IMPROVEMENTS AT KAAHUMANU HALE (RANGE A).
23. JUDICIARY, KAAHUMANU HALE, ELEVATOR SYSTEM UPGRADE AND MODERNIZATION, OAHU. PLANS AND DESIGN FOR UPGRADE AND MODERNIZATION TO THE ELEVATORS AT KAAHUMANU HALE (RANGE A,B).
24. JUDICIARY, ALI’LOLANI HALE EXTERIOR AND CLOCK TOWER IMPROVEMENTS, OAHU. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR COMPREHENSIVE BLDG EXTERIOR IMPROVEMENTS AT ALI’LOLANI HALE, OAHU (RANGE A).
25. JUDICIARY, HOAPILI HALE INTERIOR AIR HANDLING AND SUPPLY SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS, MAUI. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR IMPROVEMENTS TO INTERIOR AIR HANDLING AND AIR CONDITIONING SUPPLY SYSTEM AT HOAPILI HALE, MAUI (RANGE B).
26. JUDICIARY, HOAPILI HALE AIR CONTIONING ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM UPGRADE, MAUI. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR UPGRADE TO AIR CONDITIONING ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AT HOAPILI HALE, MAUI (RANGE A).
27. JUDICIARY, HOAPILI HALE AIR CONDITIONING COOLING TOWER BLDG IMPROVEMENTS, MAUI. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE AIR CONDITIONING COOLING TOWER BUILDING AT HOAPILI HALE, MAUI (RANGE A).
28. JUDICIARY, LUMP SUM CIP FOR JUDICIARY FACILITIES, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN, AND CONSTRUCTION FOR THE GENERAL ALTERATIONS, UPGRADES, AND IMPROVEMENTS TO JUDICIARY FACILITIES, STATEWIDE (RANGE A,B,C).
29. DBEDT, HAWAII FILM STUDIO, VARIOUS IMPROVEMENTS (PHASE 1) OAHU. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF VARIOUS IMPROVEMENTS AT THE HAWAII FILM STUDIO (RANGE A,B).
30. HO’OPONO MAINTENANCE PROJECTS, OAHU. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION TO PROVIDE ELECTRICAL/FIRE ALARM UPGRADE, REPLACEMENT OF ROOF ON SINGLE STORY BLDG, REPLACEMENT OF A/C UNITS, WATERPROOFING OF EXTERIOR WALLS, REPLACEMENT OF A/C MECHANICAL LEVERS, DAMPERS AND SCREENS, ELEVATOR UPGRADE, EXTERIOR PAINTING AND TERMITE TREATMENT (RANGE B).
31. VETERANS CEMETARY IMPROVEMENTS, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN, AND CONSTRUCTION FOR MISC UPGRADES AND IMPROVEMENTS TO VETERANS CEMETARIES, STATEWIDE. THIS PROJECT IS DEEMED NECESSARY TO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL AID FINANCING AND/OR REIMBURSEMENT (RANGE A).
32. COLUMBARIA NICHES, STATEWIDE. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR ADDITIONAL COLUMBARIA NICHES, STATEWIDE. THIS PROJECT IS DEEMED NECESSARY TO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL AID FINANCING AND/OR REIMBURSEMENT (RANGE A).
33. LUMP SUM CIP, RENOVATION, REPLACEMENT AND IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR VARIOUS RENOVATIONS, REPLACEMENTS AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS TO ANY PSD PROGRAM, STATEWIDE. SAID ACTIONS MAY INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BLDGS AND BLDGS OPERATING SYSTEM; SITE UTILITIES AND/OR OTHER IMPROVEMENTS (RANGE A).
34. PLANNING FOR ORDERLY DEVELOPMENT OF NEW CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR THE ORDERLY DEVELOPMENT OF NEW AND/OR REPLACEMENT CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES BY THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY, STATEWIDE (RANGE A).
35. RETROFIT PUBLIC BLDGS WITH HURRICANE PROTECTIVE MEASURES, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION TO RETROFIT PUBLIC BLDGS WITH HURRICANE PROTECTIVE MEASURES AND INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PUBLIC SHELTERS, STATEWIDE (RANGE A).
36. DISASTER WARNING AND COMMUNICATIONS DEVICES, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR THE INCREMENTAL ADDITION, REPLACEMENT AND UPGRADE OF STATE CIVIL DEFENSE WARNING AND COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT. THIS PROJECT IS DEEMED NECESSARY TO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL AID FINANCING AND/OR REIMBURSEMENT (RANGE A,B).
37. HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR BIRKHIMER TUNNEL, AND SUPPORT FACILITIES, OAHU. PLANS, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS TO THE STATE EMERGENCY OPERATING CENTER, BIRKHIMER TUNNEL & SUPPORT FACILITIES TO INCLUDE ADA COMPLIANCE, SPRINKLER SYSTEM, AND ADDITIONAL INSTALLATION OF CONDUITS, REMOVAL OF OVERHEAD UTILITY LINES, & OTHER IMPROVEMENTS. THIS PROJECT IS DEEMED NECESSARY TO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL AID FINANCING AND/OR REIMBURSEMENT (RANGE A).
38. ENERGY SAVINGS IMPROVEMENTS AND RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS, STATEWIDE. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR REPLACEMENT OF ENERGY EFFICIENT STATE OF THE ART BLDG AC SYSTEMS TO REPLACE FAILING AND INEFFICIENT EQUIPMENT. IMPLEMENT EXT CONTROLS TO PROVIDE SET BACKS AND REDUCE ENERGY CONSUMPTION, STATEWIDE. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES TO REDUCE USE OF FOSSIL FUELS AND PROVIDE CLEAN AND RELIABLE ENERGY FOR HIGH CONSUMPTION ON FACILITIES. THIS PROJECT IS DEEMED NECESSARY TO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL AID FINANCING AND/OR REIMBURSEMENT (RANGE A,B).
39. LUMP SUM CIP, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE FACILITIES, INFRASTRUCTURE, AND DEVICES, STATEWIDE. PLANS, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FOR UPGRADES, IMPROVEMENTS AND RENOVATIONS, TO INCLUDE REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE AND HEALTH AND SAFETY PROJECTS FOR DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE FACILITIES, STATEWIDE (RANGE A).
40. KEELIKOLANI BLDG, AIR CONDITIONING UPGRADE FOR THE TAX DEPARTMENT’S COMPUTER ROOM, OAHU. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION TO UPGRADE THE 24/7 AC THAT COOLS MULTIPLE DOTAX COMPUTER EQUIPMENT INCLUDING THE MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR ITIMS IMAGING SYSTEMS (ITS) (RANGE A).