Protests & Requests for Reconsideration- For Private Providers
About Protests and Requests for Reconsideration of Purchases of Health and Human Services
- Overview of Protests
- Flowchart for Protest Process
- Protest Procedures - General & Step-by-Step
- Protest Forms for Private Providers
Informal Resolution of Protest
Protests may be resolved at any time during the protest process by mutual agreement utilizing any of the allowable methods for resolution.
- Purchasing agency failure to follow HRS Chapter 103F;
- Purchasing agency failure to follow Hawaii Administrative Rules for HRS Chapter 103F;
- In the case of competitive method of procurement, failure to follow any procedure, requirement or evaluation criterion in a request for proposals issued by a purchasing agency.
Amounts awarded under HRS Section 103F-402 (competitive method of procurement) and 103F-403 (restrictive method of procurement) and all other awards of health and human service contracts may not be protested.
Allowable Methods to Resolve a Protest
Methods available to resolve a protest by mutual agreement, decision of the head of a purchasing agency or, in the case of request for reconsideration may be any one or combination of the following:
- Amending or canceling the request for proposals.
- If a contract has been awarded, terminating the contract or declaring the contract to be null and void from the time of award.
- Issuing a new process to award the contract either by:
- reopening the evaluation process; or
- issuing a new procurement.
- Affirming the purchasing agency's decision.
- Dismissing the protest.
|Filing Deadline for Notice of Protest||
For Competitive Purchases of Services:
For Restrictive Purchases of Services:
Shall be submitted to:
|Method of Submission||
Submission may only be by:
Notices of Protest delivered by hand delivery shall be considered delivered when actually received.
Notices of protest submitted and received by US mail shall be considered delivered on the postmark date of the the notice of protest rather than the date actually received.
|Contents of Notice of Protest||
At a minimum, the Notice of Protest shall contain: