Specifications and Scope of Work
Specifications are "any description of the physical or functional characteristics, or of the nature of a good, service, or construction item. The term includes descriptions of any requirement for inspecting, testing, or preparing a good, service, or construction item for delivery." (Ref. HRS §103D-104)
Scope of work, sometimes called a statement of work, is a description of the requirements of services to be performed. The scope of work may include material requirements to perform the needed services.
Specification Requirements for Certain Goods, Services or Construction
- HRS 103D-412 Light-duty motor vehicle requirements
Office Paper and Printed Material
- HRS 103D-406 Specifications prepared by architects and engineers
- HRS 103D-407 Construction projects, roadway materials; recycled glass content requirements
- HRS 103D-408 Indigenous and Polynesian introduced plants; use in public landscaping
- HRS 103D-409 Provisions for pollution control
- HRS 103D-410 Energy efficiency through life-cycle costing
- HRS 103D-411 Value engineering clauses
- HRS 103D Part XIII - Preference for Oil Products with Greater Recycled Content (Recycled Oil Act)
- HRS 103D-1005 Recycled Products
- HRS §103D-1012 Biofuel Preference
Examples of Specifications/Scopes of Work
- For Goods, Services and Construction, current and past solicitations issued by State agencies, including specifications, are available to HePS buyers on HePS.
- Some agencies also place the content of their solicitations on the Procurement Notices for Solicitations website.
- For Health and Human Services, current and past solicitations issued by State purchasing agencies are on the RFP website.
Goods, Services and Construction Pursuant to HRS Chapter 103D
- HRS Chapter 103D - Part IV Specifications
- HRS Chapter 103D Part X - Preferences
- HRS Chapter 103D Part XIII - Preference for Oil Products with Greater Recycled Content
(All Chapters apply)
- HAR Chapter 3-122, Subchapter 3 - Specifications
- HAR Chapter 3-124 - Preferences
- HAR Chapter 3-132 - Value Engineering Incentives in Construction Contracts
Health and Human Services Pursuant to HRS Chapter 103F
(All chapters apply)
HAR Chapter 3-143 Section 3-143-302 Service specifications for requests for proposals